Change that Works is a series of public campaigns, lectures and exhibitions that explore and share examples of positive change at a community level. The #ChangethatWorks Instagram competition is a campaign that asked people to capture and share images of what inspires them most in their community. The winning photographs from the #ChangethatWorks competition were first exhibited at the Evergreen Brickworks as part of the 100in1Day Toronto, a global festival of civic engagement. Visit www.changethatworks.org for more information.
Congratulations to the winners of the first #ChangethatWorks competition. Click to see a short video clip featuring the winning submissions.
1. Check out the #ChangethatWorks campaign video (above) to get inspired.
2. Get snapping! We want to see what you see.
3. Follow @changethatworks and post your photos on Instagram.
4. Describe the positive change, include #ChangethatWorks, and tag the location. Make sure your profile is set to public.
5. Spread the word! Creativity comes from inspiration. By sharing what inspires you, you become a part of #ChangethatWorks.
6. Winners will announced on June 1, 2015.
Winning photos will be selected by a special jury:
- Lucas Oleniuk - Award winning photographer, Toronto Star
- Niv Fichman - Canadian producer and director
- Tom Arban - Leading Canadian architectural photographer
Finalist photos will be featured:
- at the Evergreen Brick Works exhibition from June 6 to July 31, 2015
- as part of the second annual 100In1Day Toronto on June 6, 2015
- on this website and #changethatworks social media channels
- in a special edition #changethatworks exhibition catalogue